Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

A post I have to share....because I can so relate...

This post, which is making it rounds on "paleo" FaceBook pages, speaks volumes to me. Please read it if you have a moment. I honestly can totally relate to it. You see, I haven't had much progress on the scale with my new lifestyle. With both the paleo lifestyle and kettlebells, I feel like I am not a good example. In fact, when new people to kettlebells ask me how long I have been working out with these amazing things, I hesitate to answer, knowing that their reaction is likely going to be "Really? That long and she still looks like that?" I even have a fear that some day someone is going to ask me to please not come to classes any more since I am not a good advertisement for the progress one can make dedicating to kettlebell workouts.

I have revised my lifestyle significantly over the past 4 to 5 years and even more over the last three months. I feel better about how I am treating my body. I have a lot of energy. I continue to push myself with new physical challenges but yet I am not "looking better" as far as what the world would typically think I should to feel like I am making progress. It is so hard to get over these feelings of failure and it is something I have to work on every day.

Now as far as the blog I refer to above....well, I think this couple is amazing and look great. The progress they have is admirable and inspiring. For me, eventually my physical appearance will catch up with how good I feel on the inside....or not. In the meantime, I am going to keep on keeping on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow; thanks for sharing; that was a really good read. Those two are awesome and I'm glad they continue to put themselves out there regardless of criticism. It is so important to remember everyone is INDIVIDUAL and there paleo journey is different. Not every man will instantly look like Mark Sisson and every woman like Melissa Hartwig. And we should not be expected to all look the same! That is not indicative of our health anyway. People are dumb.

    ReplyDelete