Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 23 -- No meat for a week and stair climbing

Yes, as of today, I will not be having any meat in my diet. This is considered the detoxification phase of this portion of the cleanse. I will be consuming the protein powder three times a week so I will be getting sufficient protein but I will only be eating vegetables, fruits and healthy fats. It is during this time I may include some white rice into my diet. I am still not sure but if I find I need to do so, I will.

I am also prepping for the stair climb in July. I am going to see how many steps (both up and down) I can do this week and then challenge myself to increase it the next week. Last night I did a total of 1,540 steps (55 flights up and down). I will do steps again on Wednesday.

I am also going to bite the bullet and sign up for the next 5K. I was disappointed that I did not run the entire 5K last time but I will not give up. I can and will do this at some point.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment