Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 32 -- Planning the reintroduction phase

After Monday, I will start reintroducing foods into my diet. During this time, I will introduce a food every other day and watch for body signals that there is something about that food that does not sit right with me. Each time I introduce a food, I will eat it three times during that day (unless of course there is an immediate reaction). The types of things I am watching for are:
  • headaches
  • brain fogginess
  • skin breakouts
  • gas/bloating
  • mood changes
  • fatigue
  • weight gain
  • congestion
  • diarrhea
 A reaction can either be immediate or delayed, which is why I will wait a day between adding a new food in. I will be testing a lot of things, just to have the knowledge of how my body reacts to certain foods. Some of the foods I will only be testing to test and NOT to add back into my lifestyle. So, I will be testing soy and gluten as well as other grains and legumes. BUT once they are tested, I will be removing them from lifestyle again.

The order I am contemplating for the testing phase (items in red are only for testing) is as follows:
  1. eggs
  2. potatoes
  3. tomatoes
  4. tomato sauce
  5. quinoa
  6. peppers
  7. another non gluten grain (possibly buckwheat) 
  8. yogurt
  9. cheese
  10. milk
  11. corn
  12. beef
  13. beans
  14. nuts
  15. wheat
  16. eggplant
  17. soy
  18. alcohol (maybe)
Also, during this time, I can add back in caffeine and pork products (welcome back, bacon!) as I want to do so. They are not items that are tested. I am not sure when I will be adding either back into my lifestyle but I know I will at some point. 

This whole testing phase will take more than a month but it will be well worth it. I may be changing the order a bit but I want to be careful about it and really listen to my body. As you can see, I am trying to break up foods that I will not be eating long term and those that I really do want to reintroduce into my diet. I will definitely be posting about each reintroduction and what I am learning from all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment