Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 31 -- Eating meat and how other things have changes

As of yesterday, I am done with the detoxification phase of the cleanse, which means I get to eat meat again! Of course, I am not yet able to eat beef as that will be reintroduced after the cleanse is completed but at least I can consume chicken, turkey, and fish. I was very happy yesterday when I could have ground turkey with my spinach, yam and jicama hash. I savored the flavor. Later I had chicken in my salad. I was very satisfied with my meals.

Also yesterday I treated myself to a spa day (actually, Tim helped by forcing me to schedule it). This is where I am realizing how things are changing in my life. It was a bit over a year ago that I had my first massage. Before than, I thought I was in a strange minority that just did not like to be touched, especially by strangers. I know a lot of it had to do with how I viewed my body, or more accurately, how I thought others viewed my body. When I was on a spa vacation that was all about letting go of who I was and experiencing life, I actually had that massage....and loved it. I was able to ignore those voices that were telling me what it perceived others were thinking about me. Since then, I have had several massages at various places and have loved most of them. Heck, I have even had male masseurs without too much angst. BUT I have usually had my socks on during these massages. Yep, as crazy as it is, I just couldn't get beyond letting these professionals touch my feet.

Well, yesterday, the spa package included a massage, a facial, a pedicure and a manicure. The idea of a pedicure scared me. I wasn't sure I would go through with it BUT I did and I LOVED it. In fact, in the massage session, it was a focused massage on first my feet and then on my shoulders and back. Yes, on my feet first....and it felt wonderful! During the pedicure, it was a sugar scrub and a hot stone massage on my feet and calves. So wonderful. I may even like pedicures BETTER than massages.

Over the past few years, I have definitely improved my physical health but the changes in my mental and emotional well being are becoming more and more apparent. There are times that I look in the mirror and I still see myself in the same spot I started but my mind knows I am not. I know that I have come a long long way. I can't wait to see what the future brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment