Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 7 of 10....the final day of the severe restrictions...

Today is the final day of the most severe restrictions and I am happy to say I am making it through it. Tomorrow, I get to add back in all other vegetables and all fruits as well as some rice. I am looking forward to make some sort of fried rice type dish. Right now, I just feel like I have just eaten salad for a few days (although I have eaten a lot of broccoli and brussels sprouts) and not a real meal, does that make sense?

Weekends are always hard but this weekend I am determined to change that. It hasn't been easy since it is a big football weekend but it is okay so far. I have been going to bed earlier, which is probably a good thing to as I have been reading so much about how sleep is so important in a healthy lifestyle.

I do have to make decisions on how and what I am going to add back to my menu planning. I am going to take it slow. After tomorrow, day nine indicates I should add some other grains as well as nuts, seeds and legumes back. After that, I am sort of on my own as to what I add in. I do want to monitor things to see if I feel any impact of eating whatever I add back in to my meals. I am pretty sure I will be adding chicken in the first day that I can but after that, I guess I will just see how it goes.

My closing quote for today:
"Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination." Fitzhugh Dodson

No comments:

Post a Comment