Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tomorrow I face the scale....

But before I do, let me discuss some of the positive things with life in general.

First, I am no longer a chronic snooze button pusher. I actually wake up well before the alarm clock setting. I am wide awake and ready to face the day. I haven't had to pull myself out of bed in weeks. This makes me very happy and my husband probably happier. I can't tell you how often he would ask me why I set the alarm if all I was going to do is hit the snooze button.

Second, I am definitely stronger. I love lifting heavy things. Did three sets of dead lifts with 100 pounds today, up from my normal of 80. Love love this.

Third, I feel healthier. All around me, people are coming down with colds and the flu. Not me as of yet. I know it may be coming but I actually feel good that I am eating more nutritionally dense foods.

Fourth, I am cooking and experimenting in the kitchen...and am having fun. It is quite therapeutic. I remember cooking the whole day when the Packers lost to the Giants in the playoffs. It helped to keep my mind off the horrible end to a grand season.

Fifth, Tim is eating better as well. He's not interested in the Paleo lifestyle but at least he is getting more veggies in his diet. That certainly can't hurt.

Sixth, I am recognizing the stress in my life and looking for ways to deal with it.

Seventh, I am finding groups (both real life and virtual) of positive supportive people. It is good.

Yep, there are a lot of changes to be happy about.

No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. - Barbara de Angelis

1 comment:

  1. Making all of those great changes is definitely something to be happy about! Keep making those healthy choices!

    ReplyDelete