Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Days 8 and 9....

Oops....I didn't blog yesterday. BUT I did stick to the detox. Yesterday was a good day but I was quite exhausted when I got home from kettlebell class. One thing to note -- I was able to one-arm press the 45 pound kettlebelll with my left arm...once. It is one of my goals to be able to do this by the end of the year so it is progress. I couldn't do it with my right arm at all but that's okay. I will get there. In the meantime, I will celebrate the fact I was able to press it with my left arm. YEA!

As far as the detox goes, today I can add back in seeds, nuts and legumes. Then tomorrow I start adding back in as I want to. So, today I will be basically done with the plan as written...woohoo! Then I will add back in foods that I will want to have in my diet (diet as a lifestyle, not diet as a temporary thing). Wednesday, I know I am going to start with chicken. Then Thursday I am going to add back a cup of coffee (I am definitely adding back in coffee, but am going to cut back as much as I can). Then Friday, I am thinking some other form of protein, like fish.

There are things I plan on NOT adding back in, such as artificial sweeteners. Based on everything I have been reading of late, they certainly do not seem to add anything to the weight loss journey. The hardest thing will be not having a sweetener in my coffee, but it will be okay. I can do it. I am still trying to figure out what other major changes I will be making in my lifestyle to help with the ultimate goal of good health and fitness. As I figure things out, I will of course blog about it.

A quote by Abraham Lincoln to start the day: "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."

No comments:

Post a Comment