Too much stress is not a good thing. I don't care who you are if you have too much stress in your life, you need to do something about it. I have worked at managing stress in my life over the last few years and I am definitely in a better place about it. I still need to find more ways to manage it even better because sometimes it does become a focal in my daily life.
For me, there are several outlets for stress that I need to remember:
1. Swimming -- There is something about gliding through the water that allows my brain to break free and relax.
2. Bubble bath -- Is there anything that a nice bubble bath cannot dissolve away?
3. Sweating -- When I am particularly stressed, I love to just go and sweat at the gym. Because I have changed my workouts, I haven't really had any of those two hour sessions when I would just go from cardio machine to cardio machine of late. Maybe I need to fit one in just to release the stress.
4. Sleeping -- Sometimes it is true that things will be better tomorrow, so going to bed and sleeping helps a lot.
5. Walking away -- It may not seem right but sometimes I just need to walk away from issues and think about things. I am a bit of an introvert and need to mull things over quite a bit.
The list of things I no longer want to use as stress relief:
1. Eating -- So, there the cycle begins. I get stressed. I eat. I get more stressed because I ate. Not a good thing.
2. Yelling/screaming -- Sometimes I am guilty of this, especially when I feel like I am not being heard in a particular stressful situation. I am working on it.
3. Holding it in -- Ok. I do not want to bottle up the stress. It needs a release but the appropriate release.
For the most part, my life is good but there are times that stress level gets higher than I would like. My goal is to use the first list for managing it more often than I use the second list and, if I do say so myself, I am doing better than I did in the past.
One thing that I finding is not working is my food page. I just do not have time to update it everyday. So, I am not going to stress about it. So, it may be removed soon.