Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Actually running a 5K on Sunday....

and I am extremely nervous about it. BUT I need to keep in mind that it doesn't matter how slow I do, I am still out there doing it. I have been running and actually enjoying it of late. The first two or three minutes are pure hell but after that, I get into the groove and I just run. 

Other than that, things are going well. I met with a nutritionist, who actually understands and supports the paleo/primal lifestyles. We talked for awhile and, although she repeated a lot of things I already knew, it was good to hear her agree with things I believe for my own body. So, we are going to start with a 5 week cleanse and really see if there are certain foods that are causing inflammation in my body. I know it may seem like it is yet another path that I am going down, but it really isn't as I view this as her helping me down the path I was trying to go on my own.

I recently viewed this video on a FaceBook page. I love most of the sentiments in this slide show. In particular, the first one really speaks to me. I have long thought of my struggles with finding the solution to my weight loss struggles as a puzzle I am trying to solve. AND if you know me, you know I love puzzles and I rarely, if ever, give up.
 



I will check in after the run on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment