Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 6 of 35 --It's a rainy day here...

Is it considered obsessive if, during the rain, I was outside to plant some more of my garden? I wanted my seeds to be able to take advantage of the rain. I had planted some of them yesterday so they got drenched early this morning. Then when I got back from my run, it was starting to rain again so I went out to do some more planting. I don't mind the mud but it was a bit chilly.

I am planting my garden and hoping for a bountiful harvest so I can have even more control over what I put in my body. I definitely will be doing an organic garden, starting with organic seeds, etc. The more I learn about the harmful things that can come from conventional foods, the more I just want to go and buy a plot of land to have my own cows, chickens, pigs, and growing space. But for now I will have to be satisfied with the stuff I planted between yesterday and today. We have cucumbers, squashes, cantaloupe, cabbage, spinach, lettuces, radishes, spinach, and kale already in the ground. We will still plant some tomatoes for Tim. 

This year I am going to pay much closer attention to my garden as I much more invested in it for health reasons. Before it has always been one of those things that I thought I should do, but now, beyond organic issues, it is also for the more dense nutritional value of just picked vegetables. If you research it, it is amazing how much nutritional value can be lost between the time a vegetable is harvested and it makes it to the grocery produce section.

Well, my day 6 started out pretty well. I did a three mile run this morning...in the rain....and wind...and then the sun....and then the rain again....but I DID A THREE MILE RUN...that is the important thing. 

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment