Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 5 of 35 -- better late than not at all...

so, I was asked today what I am not currently eating that I was prior to starting this cleanse. Let's see -- you already know about the coffee and eggs. In addition, I am continuing to avoid all grains, sugars, and legumes. I am also avoiding all dairy, which isn't that hard as I wasn't doing much dairy prior to this. I am now also avoiding nuts and seeds, alcohol, nightshade vegetables (eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, etc.), fungus (mushrooms), pork (no bacon -- bummer), and food additives.

It may seem like a lot but there is still quite a bit I can eat. There are so many vegetable options. I eat a lot of yams (sweet potatoes are out). There is grass fed beef, organic chicken, game meat, and wild caught fish. Healthy fats such as coconut oil, avocados, olives, and olive oil. Low glycemic fruits such as berries and apples are allowed. I am also experimenting with fermented foods such as pickles, sauerkraut, and coconut milk yogurt.

After the first 15 days, I start with a protein powder and slowly change what I can eat. In fact, during the second phase there is even a 6 day period that I am not eating meat. I will post more about those days when I get there.

That's the program in a nutshell. So far things are going okay. I will know I can do this and that is to try to figure some things out. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment