Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 15 -- Final day of phase 1

As you may have read in the previous 14 days of posts, I am working my way through a diet cleanse to heal any potential leaky gut (more info) and to see what foods, if any, cause inflammation in my body (more info). There are really three phases. The first one has been 15 days of using RepairVite to heal gut issues. I am glad to see this phase be done as the RepairVite really tastes horrible (as I have said before kinda of like coffee made from sweat). It also has been a bit inconvenient to schedule as I have to drink it 30 to 45 minutes before breakfast and dinner. I have made it through without any hiccups.

Now I move onto the next phase, where I start incorporating this protein powder into my day and I start eliminating more foods. I do however get to add some foods back in. I can add back in almonds and almond butter. That should help with some of protein/fat issues. 

I could also add back in some rice products, but honestly I still believe strongly in the primal lifestyle I have been following so I likely will not add these back in at all. There will be a period during this phase that I will eliminate meat. During this period, I may consider adding some white rice but at this point I don't think so.

On another note, there are lots of little sprouts in my garden this weekend! It makes me excited to see the progress the garden is making in such a short time. I really hope the hail stays away this summer so that we see a bountiful harvest.

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance." H. Jackson Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment